Monday, February 21, 2011

New stuff to come

Starbucks. Sitting in the place is a new bi-weekly tradition necessitated by my roommate’s insistence that having Internet at home only leads one to waste time online. I suppose I agree, though doing the same thing at Starbucks leads to the wasting of both time AND money, so I’m not sure if I am a fan yet.

Those of you who have been following this blog, my facebook, posts, or my long rambling voice mails are likely aware that I am now living in Joshua Tree, CA working for the United States Marine Corps’ Intelligence Enhancement Program. I’ve been in town for a grand total of 11 days now and am finally starting to feel some normalcy return.

So here is a quick run-down of the things that I’ve failed to blog about recently:

-       3.5 days of solo driving from GA to CA towing a huge bass boat and a truck full of everything I own (this after numerous giveaways and goodwill runs)
-       40 minutes of self-recorded video from the smart phone(taken whilst driving)..These clips run the gamut from rambling life lessons to cover versions of Prince’s “When Doves Cry.” This material would be invaluable to anyone looking to embarrass me in the future, and I’ll do my best to find a way to make it available in the coming weeks.
-       5 days of route climbing and bouldering in Joshua Tree, 2 of epic trail runs, and a lot of blood, sweat, and humility in the weight room.( Everyone is Southern California is better looking, fitter, and tanner than any of us could ever hope to be)

I intend to do a better job of keeping up in the near future, as the desert’s beauty is giving me plenty of material. So far I am in love with the sunrise, the sunset, the climbing, the open blue sky, and the pleasure of working a job that has meaning and allows a life in Southern California. Please come visit, and keep reading, as there are good things to come soon.

Cheers,
J-Tree Sport Climbing





The sunrise from my house the other morning
Mike

2 comments:

  1. Any excuse to head to Starbucks is a good one! Maybe I can meet you there soon, but until then we have one last trip to make to Espresso News and this one is on me!

    ReplyDelete